Kendra Stole My Bike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kendra Stole My Bike

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tree Crashes thru Mom's Roof

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam
Admin

Tree Crashes thru Mom's Roof Empty
PostSubject: Tree Crashes thru Mom's Roof   Tree Crashes thru Mom's Roof Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 10:14 am

During the storm, the top 25ft of a redwood tree snapped off and came crashing through the roof of the kitchen at my mom and aunt's Sebastopol house. They were sitting in the kitchen at the time and fortunately ran into the next room when they heard a booming snap. Seconds later a tree came through the roof. Local firemen came and helped pull out the tree and cover the gaping hole. Only after things calmed down hours later did my mom and aunt realize how fortunate they were: had the tree fallen a few degrees in either direction, it would have wiped out the fire pit, glass table, kitchen windows, marble kitchen countertops, kitchen appliances, and/or the roof's structural beams. None of these were damaged -- the tree even having crashed squarely between two structural roof beams, with mere inches to spare.

Here are some photos!

https://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/tsujigiri/?action=view&current=7bdda7b4.pbw

Needless to say, we've spent many hours cleaning up the debris. But it's coming along well and the damage is remarkably minimal.
Back to top Go down
https://kendrastolemybike.board-directory.net
Ryan

Tree Crashes thru Mom's Roof Empty
PostSubject: WOW!   Tree Crashes thru Mom's Roof Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:20 am

Hey All!

Can't believe I haven't checked this out sooner. Crazy pics! I'm SUPER glad that no one was hurt and that only minimal damage was done - emphasis on no one getting hurt!

Can't believe it's March 20th already!

life moves fast.

Ttyl

R
Back to top Go down

Tree Crashes thru Mom's Roof
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kendra Stole My Bike :: Main Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: